This is sort of a protest against religion and other fake magic in our lives. In this piece, "Magic Wand", I've collected a (literal) Swiss Army Knife of real "magic" wands.
They give us power over
1) earth (broom)
2) fire (lighter)
3) water (water-vial paintbrush)
4) air (fan)
5) vision (glasses)
6) beauty (comb)
7) pestilence (toiletbowl brush
8) sustenance (soup ladle)
9) iron and unseen force-lines (magnet)
10) forecasting (TV remote control...for the weather channel)
11) construction (screwdriver)
12) destruction (knife)
Who needs a fantasy of magical beliefs-- we have enough real magic already.